The vet said I was a good mommy…

…but the girls didn't.

Sukey has "fractious" on her permanent record at the vet, so I asked for the first appointment of the day, so the office wouldn't smell like a lot of other scared cats, and yesterday morning I put some towels on the end of the bed, where Sukey sleeps, so after she shed on them for a day they'd smell like home when I put them in the carrier.

She didn't touch them.

I have some pink pills that are supposed to calm her down. I was going to give her one last night, when she got settled down and sleepy, but she never got settled down and sleepy. She did take one this morning okay (she only spit it out once) even though I had to haul her out of the back of the closet to give it to her.

Into the boxes!

Into the car!

We've been going to this vet for prolly ten years or more. They have an office cat:

He's diabetic, too brittle for the average catowner to care for, but he's been there as far back as I can remember, so that speaks well for his treatment. He is an unflappable guy.

I put the girls facing each other in the waiting room, but it didn't help Sukey much. About the only thing I could see the pink pill did was make her third eyelid go down.

Sukey in the waiting roomSally in the waiting room

Sally, of course, was unperturbed by the adventure, and by the indignity of being poked with thermometers and needles.

Sukey spent most of her time in time out.

Last year I only gave her half a pink pill, and it took two techs with leather gloves and towels to hold her down so she could get a rabies shot. This year she had a whole pill, and it only took one tech with a towel, so I supposed it helped some. Sukey is 11 lbs 4 oz, and Sally is 12 lbs 5 oz.

When we got home Sukey staggered around swearing.

After an hour she could eat treetz and jump on and off the furniture without going boom, so I went to work hoping she would calm down enough to sleep it off.

Bottom line: they're healthy. Second bottom line: I will inspect my shoes for hairballs tomorrow morning.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The vet said I was a good mommy…

  1. AmyH says:

    Aw, poor Sukey. Great photo journalism!
    Elvis kitty hides in the morning when I'm getting ready to go out the door. Poor guy doesn't like going to the vet, which he does more than he wants now that he has diabetes.
    But he's such a good kitty when he's there. Scared kitty, but very good.

  2. Thanks! Sukey just gets beside herself–my Sukey leaves the building and Five Ends Pointy Sukey takes over. I don't know what I'd do if she had to make multiple visits. My first cat was diabetic so I know it's hard to manage, but it sounds like you and Elvis are doing splendidly!

  3. arbed says:

    I always love your picture stories!

  4. Laurie says:

    Your captions are very eloquent.

  5. Thank you! Having the live-in floof models is the only thing that makes it possible.

  6. Peg Sukey sounds like my Sooty – He doesn't mind going to the vet but the only time he has working tablets is when he goes to the vet as he knows when we spike his food with crushed tablets and doesn't eat the food their in… ;)Cuddles and Snorgles to Sukey though…

  7. Thats worming tablets…

  8. Brown Suga' says:

    Awww, such good girls. Poor Sukey.

  9. TreeSweater says:

    Poor Sukey. Maybe on Vet Day, you need to change her name to Sulky. 😀

  10. Aubrey says:

    I've read all these captions and I love you for them.

  11. The vet accidentally called her that…or maybe "accidentally" called her that, but I don't think "Sulky" really fits–Godzilla, Destroyer of Cities expresses her intentions better.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s