1) Mailed my Dad's birthday present:
2) Went on a road trip to a yarn shop going out of business in a middle Georgia resort town where rich white people go to
die spend their retirement
3) Saw a cat get hit by a car and die
4) Bought yarn
5) Snorgled two neighbor's cats and told them to stay out of the road
6) Mowed the lawn
7) Tried on 22 bras and found none that fit (you know you're in trouble when you explain to the ladies at the shop just how they're not fitting and they stare at you blankly)
8) Got yelled at by a panhandler (he told me he couldn't believe it was so easy for a white woman to lie to a black man when I told him I didn't have any cash on me, but really, I'm all plastic most of the time)
9) Knit a hat:
I got this idea and had to make it, but considering what I paid for the yarn I wish I'd done it better.
I made it up as I went along, but you could tell me a real designer came up with something similar and I'd believe you. I thought I could give it to a coworker when she comes back from maternity leave, but it's a little
folk art well-meaning but untalented knitting grandma for me to totally happy with it. I'll see how I feel about it later.
Tomorrow I report for jury duty. I can't bring a book, knitting, crossword puzzle, or sock puppet into the court room–8 hours of staring at the wall listening to two hundred people answer the same questions! Whee!